Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Boo-Boo Bandaids!


Madilyn is growing up so fast!! She is a doll. She now sleeps in a toddler bed (we are still working on her staying there all night), is almost fully potty trained (YEAH!!! I didn't ever think it would happen), talks up a storm in full complete sentences (and we thought Austin was a talker! Madi has him beat!), and most importantly she is obsessed with bandaids. She is the complete opposite of Austin when it comes to bandaids. Austin would do anything to avoid me putting a bandaid on him. Madi, on the other hand, creates imaginary boo-boos that she feels call for the need of a bandaid. At the slightest ouchie she runs to find me, "Mommy, fiss (kiss) it. I need a bandaid!"
So we now have this brilliant idea that bandaids are going to be Madi's new reward system. She potties...she gets a bandaid, she stays in her bed all night...she gets a bandaid. Hey, whatever works, right?? Although it may need some explanation to strangers that see a 2 year old covered in bandaids!

3 comments:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

How funny is that! You are so creative to use it too. She is so beautiful... Let me know when you're ready to talk about which of my sons she will marry. :-)

Kiera said...

She is so stinkin cute and that hair!!! I can't believe how long it's gotten. I second Holly's comment. I'm sure out of 3 boys, one of them would go perfectly with Madi and I think she definitely could hold her own, she's a bit like Lucy in her feistiness! ;) Love and miss you and can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

Tracie said...

She is so cute! I bet she and Nehem would have so much fun playing together if we could ever manage to arrange vacations in the same place or something! We should just come to Florida!! How in the world do you get a kid to care about the potty...Nehem has no interest at all. He'll speak in paragraphs about all his favorite things, and he wants to do everything himself, but ask him about using the potty and he's all done!