Thursday, March 5, 2009

They Just Disappeared!

Ok...first of all, I don't think I can do this story justice. It was one of those "you just had to be there" stories, but I'll give it a shot. It is too cute to pass up.

Let me preface the story by telling you that lately, Austin tells everyone who asks that he is seven-with a straight face when in fact he is only six. So, we have been working on telling the whole truth and not making stuff up.
I was having my nightly talk with Austin about how his day was and asked him how he did on his spelling test. He said that he made a "N." He has NEVER made a "N" and I was a little confused because we studied the words and he spelled them all correctly for me, so I asked him to get his papers for me. As he was walking to get his bag, he decided that he might want to clarify his story and he told me that he wrote the answers, but they just disappeared. All of the adults looked at each other and were trying to explain to Austin that the words don't just disappear. He was very adamant that he wrote the words and now they are not there. Below you will see the "N" paper with the "disappearing words."


I was so lost...I made Austin go get a sheet of paper and I called out the words to him. And he spelled them all correctly. Ok...this was making NO sense! I just figured maybe he wasn't paying attention while she was calling out the words, but once again...he said that he was listening and wrote the words...they just disappeared!
In my bewilderment, I glanced at his paper one more time and noticed the name on the paper.


Aaron??? If I remember correctly, my son's name is Austin. I busted out laughing and showed Austin. He said, "I knew I wrote the words, but when I got my paper back...they disappeared."
He wasn't telling a story after all!! It was so funny!!

3 comments:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

You did do that justice! HILARIOUS! I just hope I didn't wake up my kids since I just laughed so loud! Too funny. That's such a boy thing too, you know a girl would have noticed immediately that wasn't her paper. How funny.

Kiera said...

How funny! Aren't you glad you didn't get on to him or were really mad and then realize that! ;) He wouldn't tell a lie. I'm on your side A!! Love you both. I bet his teacher got a kick out of that. Too bad for Aaron, thinking he got them all right and now has to bring home a "N" paper.

Kim said...

That's really cute! Poor kid. I bet that didn't make any sense to him.